Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dinner at Eiffel Tower

Even though I still wasn't feeling completely over my stomach problems, on Tues 3/27 I went with the tour group to the Eiffel Tower for dinner.  The restaurant was on the first level.  It's still pretty high up off the ground...I good height I think, because you are still close enough that you can actually see the buildings and monuments and kind of get a perspective on the size of things.  There is a really fancy restaurant at the top - you know like E200 or E300 for dinner, plus wine, etc.  And the view from the top, you can really see how the city is laid out.  I didn't go up there this time, but I will come back and do it another time.

Before we even went into the restaurant, I walked all the way around the first level and took some pictures.  It was kind of hazy, but I loved the view.




Several posts ago, I posted pictures of the Eiffel Tower, taken from the top of the Trocodero.....looking down over the fountains with the Tower across the river.  This photo is from the Tower, looking at the fountains and the Trocodero....the reverse direction.

Also a few posts ago I had some pictures of the Grand Palais.  The pictures I had with that post were from below and you couldn't really see how big and "Grand" it all really was.  So here it is from about and you can see how huge it is....and such an impressive roof.

The restaurant interior was very nice.  Not spectacular, but very nice....mostly because of the view.  The food was, frankly, OK.  I may not be the best judge since my stomach was still being sensitive.  The best part of the dinner was the service - which was fantastic - and the wonderful, artistic chocolate desert.  I wish I would have taken a picture of it.  We had champagne to start and then wine with dinner.  I only had 1/2 a glass of the champagne, even tho it was quite nice champagne, and no wine....but everyone said the wine was fine!  I did not get any pictures of the interior of the restaurant, so the following pictures are off the internet.   But they are exactly where we were seated.










When dinner was all finished we walked out onto the deck and it was nearly dark.  I took this picture looking up through the structure at a little sliver of moon.,


We all headed out, going our separate ways, I went toward the Trocodero, where, at the top, I could catch the #30 bus which would take me within a few block of my place.  As I walked up beside the fountains, it turned 9pm, the Tower lit up for its hourly light show.  It was spectacular. In addition to the gold light that is consistent as soon as it gets dark...on the hour they add flashing, twinkling, dancing white lights.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - you're doing such a wonderful job with your blog. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those two plates of whipped cream or what? Love the exterior shots from the Tour. It seems like the French are repelled by Defences just like we are. Maybe Photoshop could eliminate them entirely. Great post even though you were feeling twitchy.

    ReplyDelete